Saturday, September 23, 2006

Segway Recall

Just one day after the recall was announced, I phoned Segway and was told that the serial number of my machine fell within the range of those recalled and that the closest dealer (Segway of Louisville) would be in touch with me about the update. Sure enough, David Wilson, owner, phoned me that afternoon and told me that he would have a representative from Segway in the store to update the software. Talk about quick service - I only wish other services were even half as competent and quick to reply.
I traveled to Segway of Louisville on Thursday where my machine was linked to a laptop and the software was upgraded by Regional Manager, Orlando Castillo. From reading about the recall and talking with Mr. Castillo, I think that the minute few instances of motor reversal that occurred, existed in such very specific conditions, such that due to my physical limitation, I couldn't possible make happen even if I wanted to. It does make me feel good that Segway is as concerned about safety as they are. Nice experience!