Tuesday, June 27, 2006

1st Tomato of the Season


Well, there are few things Segwayman likes to do as much as riding the Segway, and one of them happens to be to eat homegrown tomatoes. The first tomato of the season was picked Monday afternoon and promptly devoured (whetting my appetite for others). My little buddy is my chief tomato picker (cheaper than foreign labor). It was a very early variety (Fourth of July) and rather small, but delicious (they make great additions to a salad or eaten as a snack). Note the Segway in the foreground. It is now being used to transport me around the yard every day, for the short time I can stay out if it's very warm, in order to weed and water plants. I still seem to be finding new uses for it. It's truly an amazing machine (bet I've said that before). Thanks again Dean Kayman.