Monday, May 22, 2006

SCHS Calculus Students




Today, I took the Segway to the Scott County Park across from Scott County High School where my older daughter, Melody Stacy teaches Advanced Placement Calculus. She piqued the interest of the classes by telling them that they would be having a special guest visit with them near the end of the school year. Well, they found out that the guest was me and that they were going to get to ride the Segway. They were a lot of fun as they very eagerly and somewhat nervously stepped up on the platform for a trial run. Their youth and enthusiasm showed up remarkably as they rode with ease. Several made comments like "This is what I want for Christmas" or "I've always wanted to ride one of these but never got the chance." It was a very fun day. I was very glad to help make this experience possible for them. If they're truly tomorrows leaders - then we're in good hands indeed.