Thursday, May 18, 2006

Segway of Louisville Visit

Today I visited the closest dealer to me, that being Segway of Louisville. Pictured above (from left to right) is owner David Wilson, my wife, me, and Gary Mobley. As I was waiting in the reception area for my Segway to be checked out and cleaned, I felt like the anxious parent of an infant who had to go to the Dr.s office for a checkup.

I first met owner David Wilson and service technician, Gary Mobley at the KY State Fair in August 2004. There they had a display where they were demonstrating Mr. Kaymen's new device. At the fair Mr. Wilson 1st gave me the idea for the closet shelf ramps I use now as well as giving me a short piece of PVC pipe cut to fit under the Segway at rest, therefore eliminating the need to use the breakaway parking stand.

I do not sell Segways (though I have been told that because of my enthusiasm for the machine, some people think I do) and have no connection with Segway of Louisville other than that of a customer. However, I do highly recommend David Wilson if anyone is considering purchasing a Segway. David's enthusiasm and energy and love of the machine are almost infectious. It was a refreshing experience to be around someone that loves to talk about the Segway as much as I do. Both he and Gary Mobley are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They both go out of their way in order to provide competent service. As much as I depend on my machine for mobility, it is very comforting to know that they are located as close to me as they are.

Note - I placed a link to their website under my links on the right.