Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bike Riding

My oldest daughter, Melody, with two of her three little varmits ready to go to the beach. On the right is AnnMarie Rose Stacy, age 3 and on the left is Samuel Pruitt Stacy, age 1. They added a lot of fun to the trip. But Belly Button Eating Crabs kept bothering AnnMarie (a fun game I play with her when I use my hand to mimic a crab crawling around and trying to find a fresh belly button to eat) My wife, Wanda, and I getting ready to ride. The Hilton Head bike paths wind in and out of beautiful semi-tropical settings and are interconnected for miles. One shouldn't visit Hilton Head without experiencing this. Another outing which had become lost to me because of my being unable to ride a bicycle and balance myself because of my MS. Using the Segway returned this to me in the grandest of ways. I don't think people can truly appreciate every little moment to the fullest unless they've had something so taken for granted unexpectedly stolen away and then returned to them at a later time. Thank you so very much Dean Kamen (Segway inventor and developer).
My youngest, and still single but probably about to change, daughter Cynthia Rose with grandson number one, Tanner, age 6. It's difficult to notice the front teeth he's missing in this picture, but yes, they aren't really there. Cynthia's are all in though as she shows by grinning from ear to ear.
Lil' Beaver and I getting ready to ride. I had to be careful and not let him go too far like I did the first evening, because he gets real tired on the return trip. I had to give him several pushes with my hand on his back several times as we were coming back.
Lil Rascal and Lil' Miss Priss looking forward to a trip to the beach in the little buggy hooked on the back of mommy's bike.