Friday, December 16, 2005

Pre-Christmas Segwayman Update

Well, the ole' Segwayman went to a Christmas breakfast at Southern Elementary School this morning. This was the school where I retired as principal. It was nice seeing several old acquaintances again. I was 'Segwayless' this morning, but it might be the last time, as I noticed a definite need. It was a little icy outside and I might have needed to use snow tires ;-) .

However, the neatest thing that happened to me this week was unrelated to the Segway. As I have mentioned previously, I pick my grandson, Tanner (aka Lil' Beaver), up from his half-day kindergarten class three days a week and he spends the afternoon with me. I picked him up yesterday (Thursday) because he hadn't been feeling well, and as we were making preparations to eat lunch, he began to write a short story. Yes, I said he's in kindergarten, but already his curiosity is amazing. It was all his idea. He did ask me to spell 3 or 4 words, but what follows is as he wrote it (spellings, all caps, lack of punctuation and all);

THE FUN I HAVE

MWF ME AND GRANDPA SPIN THE DAY AND WE EAT LUNCH DIN WATCH THE ANDY GRIFFITH AND GRANDPA AND ME I PLAY GAMES AND WE WATCH THE ROOMBA AND WE EAT SUM SNACKS AND I WATCH GRANDPA PLAY PAC-MAN AND WE HAVE FUN

Makes a grandpa very happy indeed.