Monday, October 31, 2005

A Walk In The Woods

My wife, Wanda, and I ventured to Bernheim Forest (south of Louisville, KY and near Bardstown) for a beautiful Sunday afternoon outing. Bernheim Forest has been described as 'the best kept secret in Kentucky', is a place where by just being there one experiences strong feelings of serenity and tranquility. The leaves were turning, however due to the extremely dry summer, most trees leaves were merely turning brown and falling off.


We were able to 'walk' through the woods together on the Bent Twig Trail, a distance of 1/2 mile with rises in elevation listed as 'moderate'. The Segway once again passed the test with flying colors. It marked the 1st time in many years that I have been able to get out and traverse through a forest trail on a 'hike'. One can only imagine the feelings I experienced at being able to accomplish this task, which to me, prior to the Segway, would have been totally unattainable and even unimaginable. The Segway continues to amaze me even after having it for over a year.

Wonder where we'll go next?