Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gilenya After 3 Weeks

I began taking the new drug, Gilenya on December 21, posting a video on Youtube two days later. In the 1st video, I stated that I wanted to include regular videos in order to both share my experience with the very new drug (it was only approved by the FDA on September 27) as well as to provide myself with a recorded version of myself as I was taking Gilenya. The address of the 1st Youtube video is www.youtube.com/watch?v=hduvx-3chqo . The sound and video of this 1st post somehow got screwed up shortly after the video on Youtube was listed. Even then, the quality of my speech can be examined. The second video is included in this post. I do realize that the purpose of the drug is twofold. The first being to significantly reduce the number of exacerbations while the second is to reduce their negative effects on the body. But like Tysabri I have hopes that other areas may also improve. Time will tell.

At I write this, my wife and I are in Nashville where our youngest daughter has delivered our 4th grandchild.

The Segway accompanied us on the trip, but I didn't use it on the night of the birth, although several times I was wishing I had it with me. We brought the cold weather and snow with us and I have been somewhat sedentary the last few days. It felt very good to go out to the grocery today and rely on my Bioness L=300 to walk and stretch my legs.