Friday, June 04, 2010

Ohio Trip

Pictured above is the final resting place for the Wright brothers. Originally the plain markers designated the place where they were buried. The monument and flags were added later.At the Dayton Air Museum the original Wright Flyer was depicted. Standing there on my Segway, I wondered what the Wright brothers would have thought about my mobility device. I bet they would have loved it, almost as much as I do. There was a lot of walking required, hence my use of the Segway throughout the museum. The museum personnel were very accommodating, telling me more than once that I could use it while in the museum. Wanda standing beside one of the Air Force One planes at the museum. A whole seperate hanger housed more than just a few of the aircraft used by U.S. Presidents. Every aircraft designated as Air Force One (except the one currently in use) were on the site. The free museum trip (which was free), is highly recommended.




Last week we took a short excursion to the Ohio town/city of Yellow Springs stopping by Dayton the last day of our 2-day trip. Yellow Springs is an interesting community largely comprised by artists and shops. Our kind of place. The stop off at Dayton was for us, the highlight of our trip. Felt great to be out again. Next stop - Hilton Head later this month with the entire Pruitt/Stacy/Bruno clans. While we were in Dayton we visited several of the Wright brothers locations. They are two of my favorite historical personalities.