Sunday, July 04, 2010

Hilton Head 2010

The entire Pruitt/Stacy and Bruno clans traveled to Hilton Head in late June for a week of fun. We rented a house in Palmetto Dunes (where they welcomed me and my Segway). I have very unfond memories of not being able to ride it in the Shipyard Plantation three years ago. I get asked a lot about what kind of terrain it can travel through, most commonly being asked if it will go on or through sand. Above is a picture taken while traversing through loose sand on the way to the beach. It goes well through the sand if it is not being asked to take me up small hills or rises. I do have to coax it. But when I reach the harder sand near the oceanfront, it flies like the wind. It is truly exhilarating to ride it fast with the wind in your face.

Sam became an avid fisherman after catching his first fish of the day. That's almost all he wanted to do the rest of the week. His dad, Mike, and his Uncle Tracy enjoyed catching small sharks in the surf. They said they were baby sharks to which I replied 'If those are the babys, that just means Mama and Papa sharks are out there somewhere'. Lookout for 'Jaws 4'. Mike even caught an adult stingray.

AnnMarie with a 'monster' of her own. We considered eating both fish for supper, but weren't too sure if they would feed 9 hungry mouths.

Tanner, enjoying a Segway ride while on the beach. Notice the circle pattern in the sand just behind the Segway where Tanner was showing off doing 360's.