Tuesday, August 02, 2011

T-Ball Grandpa



I have been wanting to go to a T-Ball game early on in my grandparenthood, but my oldest grandson is very cerebral and enjoys anything electronic, while my middle grandchild (girl) is much more a domestic, and then along came Sam, grandchild number three. And then T-Ball. I traveled to each game and even some practices via the Segway. Returning to home after a session was rained out, I got caught in a rainstorm of the magnitude of one in Noah's day. Since my windshield wipers don't work, I was at the mercy of the elements. My wife and grandson number 1 followed the route I usually took from the ball-fields and found me in a driveway along the way, soaking wet and my Segway had even stopped. This Segway doesn't take to water in the depressed area on the handlebar where the key is placed when starting up. One good saving grace is that the machine doesn't just stop and dump the rider, instead giving me app. 10 seconds of warning beeps before completely halting.