Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Greetings

This post is being sent via my IPad 2. It's so much easier for me to type on the smaller keyboard with one hand. As far as my MS, I am still in a holding pattern awaiting fmy August 11th appointment with my neurologist. The last time I was switching medications, going from Tysabri to Gilenya, I was having an especially hard exacerbation which affected both my physical and mental states. It was the pits, a real low point for ne. I am to have another MRI prior to seeing him. I am very anxious to see if any changes have occurred since my last one whIch was done last December. Also, I am anxiously looking forward to getting back to Tysabri, which was working very well for me in the past. Knowing my body better than anyone else, I am certain that some changes have occurred. My right arm is even more useless than it ever was. In addition, my memory functions have become worse, but I am still hanging in there. The Segway has once again become more important to me. In fact I just returned from riding it to church. The weather here is somewhat cooler this morning and it is one of those days where all is right with the world and I just wanted to experience the sights, sounds and smells from the Segway platform while whizzing along at top speed (listed as 12.5 MPH. I might even take a 'fun run' this afternoon.
I am still amazed at people wanting to talk to me about the device, even after it has been out for app. 10 years. While in the Apple store at the mall with my grandson, I met the nicest lady who wanted to talk to me about the Segway. The next day she sent me a wonderful Email. Things like that tend to inspire me very much and give me added strength to handle my problems. Much thanks to her and others who have been so encouraging