Thursday, July 21, 2011

Where the H*&^ Have I Been?

Even though it's been a while since I've posted I'm still here and kicking. Seriously though, quite a lot has happened since the last post. We have slowed down on our travels for a couple of reasons, the first being that we are getting a little bit older and neither of us has the energy we had a few years ago, the second reason has to do with the higher gas prices. Another reason is that I (along with my Dr.) are trying to halt the progression of my MS - one thing that anyone with MS can tell you is that MS is a highly individualistic disease with no two cases being alike, sometimes acting like totally different diseases.

I, and my Dr. Have decided that after six months on Gilenya, things are getting worse, so we're going back to Tysabri. Bring it on! That also means that I get to be with my Tysabri buddies again. Honestly I have missed them. Also I have entered a study, which is funded by Biogen, to determine if a gene which has to do with PML, (deadly brain disease) is in my system. All I really have to do is let them take some blood just once a year in order to see if there are any changes.

We haven't exactly been staying at home and have been out on short jaunts a few times which I will post about soon. Also, new grandson number four, who lives app. 175 miles away has definitely cut into our travel time. One more activity which demands a good sized portion of my time, is that I've taken on the task of redesigning and maintaining our church website. Undeniably a fun task for me.

The Segway continues to be extremely important to me, and is still just as much fun to have as it was when I first had it. A little while ago I went on a two hour fun and performed a couple of errands while touring the town.

I'll stop for now even though I'm having fun typing on my new IPad.