Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Faith Golf Scramble

Bob Fox, Pastor of Faith Baptist Church, asked me last fall to be a part of their annual golf scramble. He said he needed someone who didn't play golf to perform certain tasks like 1)get everybody started, 2)collect scorecards at the end, and 3)assist whenever needed. He said he felt like me and the Segway could help out a lot. I was glad to do it and ended up having as much or more fun than the golfers as I flew around the golf cart paths at top speed.

At the scheduled evening dinner devotional, I expressed my concern at hearing someone joke about trying to knock me off the Segway with a golf ball. Sounds funny, but not to me! After seeing a lot of them tee off, I soon saw that any worries I might have had were groundless ;-), especially as long as I kept moving.

Seriously, there were some excellent golfers in the group and we all had a lot of fun being together.

Pictured above, from left to right are 1)Pastor, Bob Fox, 2)Me and my Segway, 3)Lee Carter, and 4)John Bartlett.

I was very glad they invited me and I already look forward to going next year.