Thursday, May 29, 2008

Segway Basket

In response to a couple of inquiries about the basket;
The basket is actually a bicycle basket purchased from (where else) Wal-Mart. First, I removed the handle, then cut two sections of wooden dow rods and attached them to the basket via 4 wood screws w/washers. After attaching the rods to the basket, I spray painted the rods black to match the basket, then drilled a small guide hole in the center of each dow rod where I then inserted the two red hooks so that the basket could be placed on the Segway handlebar. The red hooks were also purchased at Wal-Mart. They are hooks used to hang a bicycle from a garage ceiling. They work perfectly for my Segbasket.
Last I inserted the strip into the two center holes of the basket. The strip has Velcro on the end and is used to stabilize the basket on the Segway center post. I purchased the strips at a bicycle shop. I believe they were designed for a cyclist to use as an ankle strap.

Easily constructed and like the credit card commercial says about their card - priceless.
Posted by Picasa